By registering for this Site, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to all of the following:
- I acknowledge that is important for the Site to be a safe place for clergy families to share their experiences and express their concerns. I understand and agree that I play an important role in preserving the privacy of all visitors and contributors to the Site (“Users”) and that anonymity cannot be maintained unless all Users treat the information on the Site in a strictly confidential manner. While the administrators of the Site will attempt to preserve the privacy of Users, anonymity cannot be guaranteed. The administrators of the CCC Website have permission to utilize the email address with which I have registered for the purpose of informing me of updates to the CCC website and any other news regarding Clergy Couple Care.
- I agree not to disclose my Site password and/or information about any other Users with anyone else (unless required otherwise by law).
- I understand that the information contained on the Site is not a replacement for appropriate medical/psychological treatment and/or spiritual counseling. I further understand that, even if provided by or through a licensed health care professional, counselor or clergyman, the information on the Site does not constitute medical, psychological or spiritual advice, counseling, care, or treatment of any kind.
- I understand that the information and opinions expressed on the Site (including in any resource materials posted on the Site) may be independent of and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of the Archdiocese.
- I understand and acknowledge that the administrators of the Site are required to comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, that may include, but not be limited to, those related to the reporting of child abuse.
- This Site does not replace the Clergy Assistance Program or any other resources offered by the Archdiocese.
Security and Confidentiality
Protecting personally identifying information is a core “Clergy Couple Care” value. This Privacy Statement describes how this Site collects and uses the personally identifying information you provide on this Web site (goaclergycouple.org). Maintaining the confidence of our users is paramount to the success of this Site. To that end, we:
- Host this Site on different web servers, independent of other Greek Orthodox Archdiocese servers.
- The transfer of information is secured by SSL encryption.
- While registration is required for verification, you may participate in the Site’s interactive resources (discussion boards etc.) by posting with an alias.
Providing security for the personally identifying information you submit via the Site is a priority for us. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of, your personally identifying information. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt the transmission of data. Please be aware, however, that no transmission of information via the Internet can be entirely secure. You should, therefore, always use caution when submitting personally identifying information online.
It is important to be aware that Site users play an important role in preserving the privacy of all users and contributors to the Site. Anonymity cannot be maintained unless all users treat the information on the Site in a strictly confidential manner and do not disclose Site passwords to any other individuals. While the administrators of the Site will work to preserve the privacy of users, anonymity cannot be guaranteed.
Tracking Technologies – Cookies
- help you navigate our website
- facilitate the sign up and login process for our services
- personalize your experience
- analyze which pages our Site visitors visit
- provide website feature such as social sharing widgets and videos
Videos and other features on our site use Flash cookies to collect and store your preferences such as volume. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here:
Please note that some cookies may be placed by a third party service provider who performs some of these functions for us.
Information Automatically Collected By Our Site
As is true of most websites, we gather Web server log file information automatically such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We use this information to administer our website, understand how visitors navigate through our Site and to enhance your experience while using our Site.
Use of your Personal Information
The Archdiocese does not sell, rent, or lease its member lists to third parties.
The Archdiocese keeps track of the websites and pages visited, in order to determine how Archdiocese services are accessed. This data is used to deliver customized content to those whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
The Archdiocese’s websites, including the Site, will disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to applicable law or regulation or comply with legal process served on the Archdiocese, or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the Archdiocese; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Archdiocese sites and services, or the public.
Links to Other Websites
This Privacy Statement applies to Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Clergy Couple Care website only. Our Site includes links to other websites. If you submit personally identifying information to any of those sites, your information is subject to their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Please note that this Privacy Statement may change from time to time without notice and you are bound by any such changes if you continue to use the Site. Please check this Privacy Statement periodically for any changes or modifications.
- Your IP address is a numeric address assigned to your computer, assigned by your Internet service provider. We automatically collect your IP address as traffic data so that we can send information back to you when requested. This is not used to identify your personal information.
- Referrers are references to the web address you linked from and is automatically passed along by your web browser. We collect referrers your browser sends as part of traffic data. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- System information such as your operating system/platform, and the type of web browser you use. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.